Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The Value of Contentment


“…for I have learned that in whatever situation I am in to be content.” Philippians 4:11

I was thinking how life circumstances and choices I have made have kept me from being able to pursue a passion of mine. It was one of those eureka moments for me. It wasn’t your ordinary eureka moment; it was a George Bailey (It’s a Wonderful Life) kind of realization. You know one of those moments where you realize you are not where you thought you’d be by now. Where you know your gifts and passions, both natural and those given to you by God, and think you know how the Lord would want to use them in you; and, yet He hasn’t.
In fact, I’m nowhere near being where I want to be; and I watch as others pass me by getting there while I remain here. It’s the kind of moment where as George Bailey you wonder to yourself if ever you’ll get there; and you scheme looking for roads that will lead you there, only you keep ending up on these detours and road blocks that keep you right where you are. Then as George Bailey came to realize, that he all along was right where he was meant to be, and that his life mattered to all those he touched; so have I come to realize in my moment of eureka, that I am here for such a time as this and for such a place as I am in. My life here and now is what I am called too.
No, God has been in control all along. He has been the one who has put or allowed those road blocks, detours, and what at times seemed liked huge avalanches to be in my way. He has me right where He wants me and it is His plans for me and my life that matter not my vain imaginations of what I think it should be. I have an ideal idea of what I want to do with my life and who I want to be; but God for now has a different, and I think better plan for me.
Yet I still wonder to myself why He has given me this passion and deep desire if I cannot fulfill it in the way that I see is the natural fit. Then to my knees I fall “O’Lord not my way, but yours; not my plans, but yours; take me, use me; have your way in and through me; to You O’Lord be the glory; I am Yours! And then I get up off my knees and just do the next thing before me pressing on. Knowing God is leading and directing as I strain by the grace and will of our Lord Jesus that is at work in me to reach the prize Jesus has for me! - Kim A.

Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly than all we ask or think, according to the power at work in us, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen. Ephesians 3:20-21

Thanks, Kim!

Kim, serves as the Women of Redeemer Bible study coordinator . She would love to hear your feedback to what she has shared. Post your comments easily by using the 'comment' link below.

No comments:

Post a Comment