One hot summer day, as I was bent over digging those pesky weeds out, I was thinking about how often we neglect the roots of sin in our own lives. So that though our surface/soil may look clean I/we are still filled with sin just waiting for an opportunity to sprout up and choke out our faith. I was also reminded that some Christians are living a defeated life because they just
don’t have the right tools and knowledge on how to dig out the roots of sin.
don’t have the right tools and knowledge on how to dig out the roots of sin.
How in my own life I need to be diligent in watching over my soul and its condition continually looking for areas where roots may have begun again. How too, when I/we have failed to pluck out those weeds we need merely to go boldly to the one true greatest Master Gardner. He knows the exact cultivating needed to root out our sin and cause our lives to overflow with
fruitful blooms. He uses His Word, doing so with such an amazing tenderness and gentleness because He knows how fragile we are.
How thankful I am that God has given us His word in the form of the Holy Bible. That we can study it diligently being cleansed first by the finished work of Jesus Christ, then the washing of the word, and finally the on going work of the Holy Spirit in our lives.
This fall Women’s Ministries has many opportunities for you to allow the Master Gardner to cultivate your own soul – one of them being Women’s Bible Studies. This Fall semester will be starting the week of September 14. Please join us:
Monday Evenings (7:00-9:00 p.m.) starting September 14th
• Following God: Jeremiah-A Bright Light in a Dark Season
• Romans Chapters 9-11, part 3 (Precept Study)
• Following God: Jeremiah-A Bright Light in a Dark Season
• Romans Chapters 9-11, part 3 (Precept Study)
Tuesday Mornings (9:30-11:45 a.m.) starting September 15th
• Romans Chapters 9-11, part 3 (Precept Study)
• One in a Million–Journey to Your Promised Land
• Romans Chapters 9-11, part 3 (Precept Study)
• One in a Million–Journey to Your Promised Land
Childcare available Tuesday mornings. All Bible studies meet at Redeemer Church except noted.
For more information, contact Kim, at 414-427-1474.
For more information, contact Kim, at 414-427-1474.
Submitted by Kim Anderson, Bible Study Coordinator
No comments:
Post a Comment